About Regionales Hochschulrechenzentrum Kaiserslautern (RHRK)
- to monitor and evaluate the development, use and application of methods, tools and machines in high-performance computing and to advise users at the university on the use of their local computing capacities and central high-performance computing technology,
- to adapt and provide the latest methods and their software implementation for the solution of the typical university application spectrum on the existing architectures,
- to provide training and individual advice on algorithms and their efficient implementation on high-performance computers,
- to support current and potential users in the analysis and optimization of their programs, to broaden the circle of users by demonstrating new application possibilities and increasing the user-friendliness of the installed high-performance computing technology,
- to supervise bachelor, master and doctoral theses together with the departments, to participate in courses and to conduct continuous lecture and publication activities.
The RHRK coordinates its work with other centres of excellence for high-performance computing in the state of Rhineland-Palatinate and in Germany.