The mission of the Gauß-Allianz is to coordinate the HPC related activities of the members. With the provision of versatile computing architectures and by combining the expertise of the participating centers, this creates the ecosystem necessary for computational science. Strengthening the research and increasing the visibility to compete on an international level are further goals of the Gauß-Allianz. It is especially an important milestone to maintain the leading role of Germany in the european supercomputing activities.
The Gauß-Allianz is getting involved with the
- Promotion of High Performance Computing as an independent strategic research activity
- Improvement of the international visibility of the german research efforts
- Accomplishment of scientific events
- Consulting of research groups, economy, german federation, german countries and supporting organisations
- Publication of scientific results of the alliance